Denton Parish Council
Agenda for the Annual Meeting of the Council
To be held at the Village Hall on Tuesday 8th May 2018 at 7.30 p.m.f) Standing Orders
- Welcome by the Chairman.
- To receive and accept apologies from members unable to attend.
- To elect a Chairman for the coming year.
- To elect a Vice Chairman for the coming year.
- To approve the Accounts for the Year ended March 2018.
- Review of Parish Council procedures:
- Handling of correspondence.
- Accounts Summary.
- Dates and times of meetings.
- Length of meetings.
- Procedures at Meetings.
- Standing Orders.
- To receive any declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed.
- To approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting held on 13th March.
- The meeting will be adjourned for public participation (maximum 10 minutes) for items to be discussed on the agenda only
- To receive reports from our County and District Councillors.
- To discuss matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting.
- To discuss and comment on any planning applications received and related matters.
- Playing Field Report - Kerry Norfolk.
- Annual Parish Meeting Thursday, 24th May at 7.30pm.
- Parish Partnership: 50% Funding for a SAM2 unit has been approved. To discuss next steps.
- Community SOS Project - South Norfolk Police PC Jim Squires (Engagement Officer) and some cadets (14-16 years old) can work on Pocket Park on 16th June between 10am and 3pm BUT WE NEED TO SUPPLY THE EQUIPMENT.
- South Norfolk Council - Community Fund. £50,000 pot available for funding community groups from £1,000 to £15,000 to support projects and initiatives that benefit local people.
- Norfolk County Council - from 1 April 2018 there will be a charge for the disposal of all DIY type construction and demolition waste. DIY waste will be disposed of on a ‘Pay as you throw’ basis.
- Redenhall with Harleston Town Council - request for contribution towards the cost of providing free car parking in Harleston.
- To approve payments to be made and record money received:
Norfolk Association of Local Councils Annual Subscription £117.59 (£114.57 in 2017).
HMRC PAYE £29.60.
J Ellis, Clerk salary and expenses for 2 months £189.30.
Received: SNC Precept £1,775.50 plus grant £49.00 – total £1,824.50.
- Any other Matters to be brought to the attention of the Parish Council and for the next Agenda. The next Parish Council Meeting will be on Tuesday, 12th June 2018 at 7.30pm.
- The meeting will be adjourned for public participation (maximum 10 minutes).
Close of meeting.
Return to Parish Council Page
Return to Local Government Page
Return to Home Page