Feature - DVH Friday Book Swap
A new kind of “Club” is being tried out in Denton at the Village Hall on Friday nights. Launched by Gill Hipwell, the idea is to encourage the many keen readers in the village to exchange books on an informal basis.
As Gill puts it “So many of us enjoy a good read so how about swapping one good read for another?” Bring a book (or two!) to the Village Hall on Fridays and take away a different book (or two!)
Swappers are encouraged to fill in a donor slip (in advance or available on the night) so that prospective readers can get an idea of what’s in store but otherwise it is all very informal. There are some basic rules:
- You can take a book without bringing one if you like.
- No charge, but donations welcome (currently for Christian Aid).
- Fill in a donor slip (see below) so that we can track readers.
- Feel free to read and return — just add your name in the space on the original slip.
- We don’t want to end up with a pile of books at the end of the evening, so on leaving the Hall take home the same number of books that you brought — unless, of course, there aren't any left!!!
For donor slips and further information please contact Gill - 788188.