Community Information Services
Advice and information are available from a number of local organisations.
First published by the Parish Council in 2009, the Directory aims to "provide easy reference for residents to all organisations, activities, clubs and societies in the village and to local services in the surrounding area". It thus provides, in printed form, much of the information included on this website.
It has been distributed to all houses in the village and new residents should receive a copy. The PC intends to produce updated versions every two years.
Where appropriate any changes to the information in the directory are recorded on the Directory Updates page.
Harleston Community Information Centre
"Information Plus" is located at 8 Exchange Street, Harleston, IP20 9AW. Telephone: 01379 851917. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
It covers a wide range of services including:
- Local Information about the Harleston area.
- Information about statutory and voluntary services.
- South Norfolk Council information.
- Contact point for Norfolk Police.
- Local employment and volunteer opportunities.
- "Next Step" Norfolk careers advisory service.
- Norfolk Credit Union.
- Citizens Advice Bureau drop-in surgeries provided by Diss CAB - see below.
- Local interest books and goods to purchase
Opening Hours are: 9.30 – 3.30 Monday to Friday (Thursdays 9.30 – 12.30), 10.00 – 1.00 Saturday.
Further details are provided on the Harleston Town website.
Citizens Advice Bureau
Citizens Advice provide invaluable help and advice to many people particularly those facing financial difficulties.
8 Chaucer Street, Bungay, Suffolk, NR35 1DT.
Tel: 01986 895827
Office hours: Tuesday - 9.30 to 14.30
Shelfanger Road, Diss, Norfolk, IP22 4EH
Tel: 01379 651333
Office hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - 10.00 to 15.00
Telephone help is also available: Tuesday - 10.00 to 15.00 and Wednesday 16.00 to 18.00
Citizens Advice also offers a drop-in surgery at the Harleston CIC 10-12 on Wednesday mornings.
For further information about CAB services visit their website.
Samaritans provides confidential non-judgemental emotional support, 24 hours a day for people who are experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those which could lead to suicide.
Telephone: 08457 90 90 90
A number of other websites are useful sources of local information. A few are listed here:
- Iceni Post is a source of "News from the North Folk and the South Folk".
- Streetlife "makes it easy to connect and share with people in your neighbourhood".