Denton Parish Council
Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Tuesday 10th July 2018 at 7.30 pm in Denton Village Hall.
Present: Councillors: Kay Wiltshire (Chair), Terry Hanner (Vice Chairman), Zoe Brown, Peter Grant, Roger Gibson, Christine Kerr.
Also present: 4 members of the public, Murray Gray (District Councillor), Jackie Ellis (Clerk).
1. Welcome by the Chair, Kay Wiltshire.
2. To receive and accept apologies from members unable to attend:
Kerry Norfolk .
3. To receive any declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed:
Christine Kerr declared an interest in No. 8 planning application. .
4. To approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting:
The minutes of the May 2018 meeting were approved and signed by Kay Wiltshire, Chair, as a correct record.
5. The meeting was adjourned from 7.35pm to 8.05pm for public participation.
Discussions on planning application Ref: 2018/0958 at Rainbows End, Norwich Road, Denton which is for change of use to dog breeding.
Feelings were that this will cause a disturbance and loss of amenity for residents.
It was felt that it is not a suitable place for dog breeding, in the middle of the village and with a high concentration of nearby residential properties. The dogs have been heard barking before 6am. There were concerns over Highway safety and being able to control dog numbers.
After discussion all parish councillors agreed to oppose this application.
6. Reports from County and District Councillors:
Dr. Gray, District Councillor reported as follows:
The council meeting on 12th July is expected to give final support to the partnership between SNC and Broadland District Council. Savings of over half a million pounds per year per council are expected over the next 5 years. The first step will be to appoint a joint managing director for the two authorities, thus saving on having two chief executives.
SNC has awarded Alburgh parish council £4,380 to help with the purchase of Homersfield Picnic Site. This gives the parish council sufficient funds, including legal fees, to purchase the site from the County Council.
7. To discuss matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting:
SNC Community Awards – Terry Hanner won Lifetime Community Hero award. The Tuesday Lunch Club were in the final 3 nominations in the Community Wellbeing category. All gave congratulations.
Annual Parish Meeting – This went well but, disappointingly, was not well attended. Karen O’Kane gave a very informative talk on Broadband in Denton.
The Army Cadets had a very successful weekend. All was left very neat and tidy.
Police Cadets Community SOS Initiative have cleared the path through Pocket Park.
There is a new ‘Middle Road’ sign. The stones and sand has been removed from Trunch Hill/Denton Road junction.
Gary Overland, Highways Engineer and Terry Hanner have been out in the village to do an inspection of matters needing attention.
8. To discuss and comment on any planning applications received and related matters:
It was agreed to delay this item until the end of the meeting so that Christine Kerr could leave the meeting at the end.
9. Playing Field Report
Peter Grant did inspection. All was neat and tidy.
Kay Wiltshire will do the next two months up to the September meeting.
The Rota Roka needs a 5.5m diameter circular area to be safe. David Childlow from Fenland Leisure is coming to look at the area on Thursday, the 12th July at 2.30pm to advise.
The football posts have been painted.
10. Agreement and adoption of DPC Privacy Statement and Data Protection policy as required by General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Kay Wiltshire and Christine Kerr have compiled the above. This was circulated to all councillors by email and in paper format tonight. All parish councillors agreed with and adopted this policy.
The clerk has registered with ICO. The cost of this is £40.00 but there is a £5.00 discount if we pay by direct debit which it was agreed that we would do.
11. Agreement and adoption of revised Standing Orders which incorporate the requirements of GDPR legislation.
Revised Standing Orders have been circulated to all parish councillors and everyone was in agreement that these be adopted.
12. SAM2 equipment training and arrangements
Roy Payne from Westcotec will be demonstrating how to use the equipment on Friday, the 13th July at 10.30am. He will then look at and advise on concerns on the location of 2 of the posts.
13. Redenhall with Harleston Town Council request for contribution towards the cost of providing free parking in the town.
This was discussed at the Annual Parish Meeting and after discussion again tonight it was agreed to donate £100 and review the matter next year.
Clerk’s pay rise as reached between the National Employer’s and National Joint Council is to be increased by 2% as from April 2018. This will be adjusted for the next meeting.
Greater Norwich Local Plan – additional potential sites have been put forward. This will be circulated to parish councillors as it has the link to the list of new potential sites. There are no new potential sites in Denton.
15. Accounts Summary
This was circulated to all councillors who were happy with this.
16. To approve payments to be made and record money received:
- Clerk salary and expenses £189.30.
- HMRC Paye £74.40.
- Redenhall with Harleston Town Council £100.00.
- Robert Buck for internal audit £10.00 (from petty cash).
- Parish Partnership Funding (50%) for SAM2 equipment £1,778.00.
- National Lottery Funding for new playing field equipment £7,523.00.
- Bungay Outney Common £120.00.
17. Any other matters to be brought to the attention of the Parish Council and for the next Agenda.
To confirm the date and time of the next parish council meeting as Monday, 10th September 2018. (The change of day, from Tuesday to Monday is for the September meeting only.)
There is no parish council meeting in August.
To continue with No. 8 planning applications.
Christine Kerr left the meeting at 9.02pm.
Ref: 2018/1411; Christine Kerr, Fir Tree Farm, Darrow Green Road, Denton. Parish councillors considered the application should be approved and had no objections.
Planning applications received:
Ref: 2018/1068; Rectory Cottage, Danacre Road, Denton. Parish councillors approved this application.
Ref: 2018/1295; Sawyers, Trunch Hill, Denton. Parish councillors approved this application.
18. The meeting was not adjourned for public participation as 3 members had left earlier in the meeting and the one member of the public left had no matter to bring up.
19. Close of Meeting:
Kay Wiltshire thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 9.10 pm.