Denton Parish Council
DRAFT Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Tuesday 13th November 2018 at 7.30 pm in Denton Village Hall.
NB These are Draft minutes and subject to change at the next meeting.
Present: Councillors: Kay Wiltshire (Chair), Terry Hanner (Vice Chairman), Roger Gibson, Christine Kerr, Kerry Norfolk, Peter Grant.
Also present: 2 members of the public, Jackie Ellis (Clerk).
1. Welcome by the Chair, Kay Wiltshire.
2. To receive and accept apologies from members unable to attend:
Zoe Brown, Murray Gray (District Councillor), Margaret Stone (County Councillor).
3. To receive any declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed:
4. To approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting:
The minutes of the September 2018 meeting were approved and signed by Kay Wiltshire, Chair, as a correct record.
5. The meeting was not adjourned for public participation as no member of the public had any comments.
6. Reports from County and District Councillors:
In his absence Dr. Gray supplied the following report:
- Planning application for Hempnall cross roads roundabout is now in and the period for comments has closed. There have been very few comments on the application and it is expected to be approved in the next few weeks with construction starting late next year.
- A consultation is taking place from 29 October – 14 December on about 200 additional sites proposed for development in the Greater Norwich Local Plan. The only villages in the Earsham Ward where there are additional proposed sites are Topcroft and Wortwell.
- Update on Rainbows End planning application as per No. 8.
7. To discuss matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting:
We have received two quotations for refurbishing the Denton village sign. The two quotes differed significantly in price and it was agreed to go with the lower quote which, additionally, was from the lady who carved the existing sign. The sign refurbishment will be done in the Spring. Terry Hanner will let the people involved know.
Norfolk Highways have carried out significant jetting and drain clearing work around the village. Highway Rangers have cut back hedging around the 30mph signs.
8. To discuss and comment on any planning applications received and related matters:
Rainbows End planning application had been postponed for going before the planning committee.
Dr. Gray emailed us the following information:
In relation to the Rainbows End planning application (2018/0958), there is now a plan on the SNC website showing the proposed parking arrangement outside the Chapel. This involves in-filing part of the ditch but with a culvert running through it. The planning officer has received conflicting information regarding ownership of the ditch, but land ownership is not generally a planning issue. If the application was to be approved with this new parking spot, it could only go ahead with the consent of the owner, this being a private rather than a planning matter. The intention is now to get the application to the 5 December Planning Committee.
The planning proposal title has now changed to include the provision of a car parking bay. A plan of this proposal was circulated to all councillors. This does not include the Bus Stop at the sign post – NCC were requested to reinstate the bus stop ‘flag’ on this some weeks ago.
Discussions on this matter followed. It was noted that the Stewards/Elders of the Denton URC Chapel have submitted a letter to the planning office stating that their permission was not given for the ditch to be filled in. It was agreed that the Parish Council would submit an objection letter to the car parking proposals.
9. Playing Field Report – Terry Hanner.
Terry Hanner did inspection.
The two rotting posts identified on the ROSPA report earlier in the year have deteriorated. On the tyre swing, the tyre has been taken off. One of the front posts on the bucket swing is also failing. Terry Hanner will sort these matters.
The front fence along the front ditch needs posts alongside the existing posts to tighten them up. Terry will organise a working party to do this.
The Hedge along the car park needs trimming. It was agreed to do this January/February time.
It was agreed to give the parishioner who kindly strims the grass around the car park area a cheque for £50.00 in January.
The new see-saw and Rota Roka have been installed and the sign acknowledging the lottery grant.
This new equipment has been added to our Asset Register and the insurance company has been notified. There is no additional premium up to our renewal date.
10. Accounts and Budget discussion for 2019/20.
All councillors have received a copy of a budget. It was agreed that this would be looked at and discussed further at our January meeting.
11. Denton Allotments – to discuss the current condition and usage of the allotments.
The allotments are very untidy. At present only one allotment is being used. Mrs. Wiltshire will speak to this person to see if they wish to continue to maintain their allotment.
12. SAM2 data capture information for September and October.
PC Heather Field has been to Denton and parked in the village hall car park a few times for speed enforcement and has not as yet not needed to issue a Traffic Offence Report.
Mr Wiltshire has compiled a summary of the SAM2 Data which was circulated to all councillors and this has been sent to PC Heather Field.
13. Joint Parish Meeting, Thursday, 15th November at 7.30pm in Denton Village Hall.
Kevin Hanner is the guest speaker on The Feed. PC Jim Squires will be attending. Murray Gray has sent his apologies.
14. To approve payments to be made and record money received:
- Clerk salary and expenses for 2 months £192.50.
- HMRC PAYE £39.20.
- Fenland Leisure £9,026.40. (of which £7,522 is Big Lottery Fund grant, the remaining VAT amount is payable from parish council funds and will be reclaimed).
- SNC Adopter Payment (Recycling) £200.00.
- SNC Precept (2nd payment) £1,775.70.
15. Any other matters to be brought to the attention of the Parish Council and for the next Agenda.
The AGM of Norfolk Association of Local Councils will be held on 22nd November, at 6pm at County Hall.
Precept for 2019/20
To confirm the date and time of the next parish council meeting as Tuesday, 8th January, 2019.
16. The meeting was adjourned at 8.42pm for public participation and reconvened at 8.45pm.
A member of the public asked if the 30mph zone could be extended to include the housing on Upland Terrace. It was thought this might be unlikely as this could have happened when the original zone was agreed. However Highways will be contacted.
17. Close of Meeting:
Kay Wiltshire thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 8.46 pm.