Denton Parish Council
Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Tuesday 8th January 2019 at 7.30 pm in Denton Village Hall.
Present: Councillors: Kay Wiltshire (Chair), Terry Hanner (Vice Chairman), Zoe Brown, Kerry Norfolk, Peter Grant.
Also present: Dr. M. Gray, District Councillor, Jackie Ellis (Clerk).
1. Welcome by the Chair, Kay Wiltshire.
2. To receive and accept apologies from members unable to attend:
Roger Gibson, Christine Kerr.
3. To receive any declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed:
4. To approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting:
The minutes of the November meeting were approved and signed by Kay Wiltshire, Chair, as a correct record.
5. The meeting was not adjourned for public participation as no member of the public was in attendance at the meeting.
6. Reports from County and District Councillors:
No report from Margaret Stone, County Councillor.
Dr. M. Gray, District Councillor reported as follows:
- Dr. Gray has money left over in his ‘pot’ and has donated £200.00 to Denton Village Hall towards the new chairs in the bar area.
- Work on Hempnall roundabout has now started, ahead of schedule.
- Work has started on the refurbishment of the toilets in Harleston.
- There are now 4 electric charging points on the car park in Harleston.
- Broadband - SNC is claiming that all residents in the district can now get 10mgb. This will be through the fibre cabinets or masts (one is going to be on Denton Church). For more information, please contact Steve Temple of In Touch Systems on 01603 425209.
7. To discuss matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting:
Joint parish meeting was well attended in November. The talk by Kevin Hanner on The Feed was well received. The Tuesday Lunch Club donated £100.00 to The Feed.
PC Jim Squires attended and spoke of speeding concerns and limited police resources.
8. To discuss and comment on any planning applications received and related matters:
Rainbows End planning application went to Committee on 5 December, 2018. A number of residents attended plus Kay Wiltshire and Roger Gibson on behalf of the parish council. The planning application was approved with conditions.
9. Playing Field Report – Terry Hanner.
Zoe Brown did inspection. All was in good order. The Willow structure needs to be cut back.
Terry Hanner reported that the replacement of two posts on play equipment is in hand.
Kerry Norfolk will do next inspection.
10. Budget discussion and approval of precept for 2019/20.
Discussions on the budget figures. All councillors agreed to increase the precept by 5% on last year.
This makes a total precept of £3,926.00.
11. SAM2 data capture information for November and December.
Kay Wiltshire circulated the data for these 2 months. These were looked at and discussed.
These figures will be sent to PC Dylan Richards, the new beat Manager at Harleston Police Station.
They will also be put on Denton Talk.
Kay Wiltshire has spoken to the allotment holders and they have decided to give it up as they are the only ones left using the allotments and it is difficult to keep on top of the weeds and keep it tidy. They have appreciated and enjoyed it. They said that they will clear their shed, fruit cage, etc.
It was agreed to give them 3 months to do this. Once this is done we can then tidy the area.
13. To approve payments to be made and record money received:
- Clerk salary and expenses for 2 months £192.50.
- HMRC PAYE £76.00.
- Norse 6 monthly grounds maintenance charge £645.70.
- Denton Resident for Grass Strimming £50.00
- South Norfolk Council Dog Bin Annual Charge £84.00
- SNC Adopter Payment (Recycling) £200.00.
- Bungay Outney Common dividend for 2018 £80.00.
- HMRC VAT Repayment £2,342.82.
14. Any other matters to be brought to the attention of the Parish Council and for the next Agenda.
To confirm the date and time of the next parish council meeting as Tuesday, 12th March, 2019.
Kay Wiltshire read out a letter of resignation from her position of Chair and the parish council with immediate effect. All councillors gave their thanks to Kay Wiltshire for doing a marvellous job and will be sorry to see her leave.
Dr. M. Gray also said she has been an outstanding chair woman which everyone agreed with.
15. The meeting was not adjourned for public participation.
16. Close of Meeting:
Kay Wiltshire thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 8.42 pm.