Denton Parish Council
DRAFT Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Tuesday 12th March 2019 at 7.30 pm in Denton Village Hall.
NB These are Draft minutes and subject to change at the next meeting.
Councillors:Terry Hanner (Vice Chairman), Zoe Brown, Peter Grant, Norfolk, Roger Gibson, Christine Kerr.
Also present: One member of the public, Dr. M. Gray, District Councillor, Jackie Ellis (Clerk).
1. Welcome by the Vice-Chair, Terry Hanner.
2. To receive and accept apologies from members unable to attend:
3. To receive any declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed:
4. To approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting:
The minutes of the January 2019 meeting were approved and signed by Mr T Hanner, Vice-Chair, as a correct record.
5. The meeting was not adjourned for public participation as no member of the public had any items to discuss on the agenda.
6. Reports from County and District Councillors:
Dr. M. Gray, District Councillor, reported as follows:
This will be his last report as district councillor. He is now resigning after 28 years. All councillors gave Dr. Gray huge thanks for all his help over the years.
Dr. Gray spoke about a few of the major things that have happened and wished us well with our new district councillors.
Margaret Stone, County Councillor has emailed a report which was shared with all councillors. The main point of this being that the Council tries to keep Council tax as low as possible.
Her term of office as Chairman of Norfolk County Council comes to an end mid May when she will try to visit us. She states that she is always available to be contacted if we need any advice or help.
7. To discuss matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting:
The Allotment holders are in the process of clearing their allotment. Once this is done we will clear the site.
8. To discuss and comment on any planning applications received and related matters:
Ref: 2019/0078 – Low Farm, Low Road, Denton. Proposal: Agricultural building to house cattle feed, mainly straw, for use to feed young heifers. Parish councillors approved.
Ref: 2019/0395 – Village Hall, Norwich Road, Denton. Proposal: Erection of rear extension to relocate gents toilets and provision of store room. Parish councillors approved.
9. Playing Field Report and Norse Grounds Renewal Papers 2019:
Zoe Brown did inspection. All was in good order.
Mr Hanner has got 2 posts which he will put in position for the ‘tyre’.
A Hedge cutting party has been held to cut the hedge and the Willow structure. These both now look very tidy.
The Norse Grounds Maintenance Contract Form for 2019 was agreed and signed.
10. SAM2 data capture information for January and February 2019:
Kay Wiltshire has emailed the data for these 2 months. This information will go on Denton Talk and be sent to the local police.
The police have been to conduct speed checks in the village. Unfortunately they came at a time when there was not much traffic and have said they will come back again.
11. Local Elections 2nd May, 2019:
Discussions on these and the process that needs to be taken.
12. To approve payments to be made and record money received:
- Clerk salary and expenses for 2 months £192.50.
The clerk will look in to the payment to the upkeep of the burial ground.
13. Any other matters to be brought to the attention of the Parish Council and for the next Agenda:
To confirm the date and time of the next parish council meeting which will also be the AGM as Tuesday, 14th May, 2019.
Discussions on the Annual Parish Meeting.
It was agreed that we would invite the local organisations in the village to give a short report. Mr. Hanner will organise this.
It was agreed to hold the APM and the AGM on the same evening and to start this at 7.00 pm on Tuesday, 14th May, 2019.
14. The meeting was adjourned for public participation from 8.20pm to 8.23pm:
A member of the public informed us that she had recently been burgled.
15. Close of Meeting:
Mr Hanner thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 8.25pm.