Denton Parish Council
DRAFT Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Tuesday 14th May 2019 at 8 pm in Denton Village Hall.
NB These are Draft minutes and subject to change at the next meeting.
Councillors:Terry Hanner, Christine Kerr, Ken Ashton, Melissa Bunn.
Also present: Six members of the public, Chris Brown (District Councillor), Jackie Ellis (Clerk).
1. To elect a Chairman for the coming year:
It was proposed by Christine Kerr that Terry Hanner be elected chairman for the coming year. Seconded Melissa Bunn. All agreed. Terry Hanner signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
2. To elect a Vice Chairman for the coming year:
It was proposed by Terry Hanner that Ken Ashton be elected vice chairman for the coming year. Seconded Christine Kerr. All agreed. Ken Ashton signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
3. Welcome by the Chairman:
Terry Hanner welcomed our new parish councillors and all councillors signed a Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
4. To receive and accept apologies from members unable to attend:
5. To receive any declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed:
6. To approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting:
The minutes of the March 2019 meeting were approved and signed by Mr T Hanner, Chairman, as a correct record.
7. The meeting was not adjourned for public participation as no member of the public had any items to discuss on the agenda.
8. Reports from County and District Councillors:
Chris Brown, one of our new district councillors, arrived at the meeting to introduce himself. As he has only been in office a few days he had no report as yet.
9. To discuss matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting:
The allotments will be cleared and kept clear. There are no specific plans for the area.
10. To discuss and comment on any planning applications received and related matters:
Applications received: Ref: 2019/0842 – Land North West of Sawyers, Trunch Hill, Denton. Proposal: Erection of 1 dwelling.
This was discussed and parish councillors will let the clerk know their thoughts tomorrow.
11. SAM2 data capture information for March and April 2019:
Kay Wiltshire has emailed the data for these 2 months. This information will go on Denton Talk and be sent to the local police. It was also agreed that it will go on the village website.
11A. Playing Field Report:
Zoe Brown did inspection but was not at the meeting tonight. Terry Hanner will do the inspection for May and June 2019.
We have been notified by Play Safety that our play area inspection will take place during June.
12. To approve payments to be made and record money received:
- Clerk salary and expenses for 2 months £192.50.
- HMRC Paye £38.00.
- Came & Company Insurance £525.86.
- St Mary's Church Denton – Donation to upkeep of burial ground £230.00.
- SNC Precept £1,963.00.
13. To approve the accounts for year ended 31st March 2019 and sign the Annual Return:
All councillors had received a copy of the accounts. These were approved and Mr. Hanner and the clerk signed the Annual Return for submission to the auditors.
14. Any other matters to be brought to the attention of the Parish Council and for the next Agenda:
Clerk pay rise from April 2019 by 2%.
Seats for around the ‘Candlestick'.
The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, 9th July 2019.
15. The meeting was adjourned for public participation from 8.35 pm to 8.38 pm:
A member of the public suggested that Apple/Fruit trees could be grown on the allotments to produce fruit juice for sale.
16. Close of Meeting:
Mr Hanner thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 8.40 pm.