Denton a village in South Norfolk, England

Denton Parish Council

DRAFT Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Tuesday 10th March 2020 at 7.30 pm in Denton Village Hall.

NB These are Draft minutes and subject to change at the next meeting.

Present: Councillors: Terry Hanner (Chairman), Christine Kerr (Vice Chair), Robert Fearnley, Melissa Bunn, Helen Sida-Page, Ken Ashton.
Also present: Jackie Ellis (Clerk), Margaret Stone (County Councillor), 2 members of the public.
Chris Brown and Brendon Bernard; District Councillors arrived at 8.00 pm.

1. Welcome by the Chairman:
Terry Hanner welcomed everyone to our parish council meeting.

2. To receive and accept apologies from members unable to attend:
None.

3. To consider the co-option of a new councillor to fill a vacancy.
Stephen Barrett entered the meeting at 8.00 pm.
He had previously spoken to Terry Hanner about becoming a parish councillor. All were in agreement that he be co-opted.
The relevant forms were given to Stephen Barrett to complete. All parish councillors welcomed him to the council.

4. To receive any declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed:
None.

5. To approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting.
The minutes of the January 2020 meeting were approved and signed by Mr Terry Hanner; Chairman, as a correct record.

6. Public Participation.
The hedge at the bottom of Trunch Hill is very overgrown and hanging over the road.
This has been reported and Highways will be coming out. No date has been confirmed yet.

7. Reports from County and District Councillors:
Chris Brown, District councillor reported:

Margaret Stone, County Councillor reported:

8. To report on any updates on matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting:
The training session was attended by 3 parish councillors and was very informative.
Cllr Sida Page had reported the missing plank on the footpath crossing the ditch between FP9 and FP20.
It had been noticed that there has been a horse on this footpath. Notice to go in magazine.

9. To discuss the storage of old parish council records:
Kay Wiltshire has come across some parish council records which she would like to pass on.
Cllr Sida-Page offered to store these and she will liase with Kay Wiltshire about this.

10. To receive an update on purchase of seat for around the Candle Stick:
Cllr Hanner has purchased the seat and made it up. Cllr Fearnley will install this.

11. To discuss and comment on any planning applications received and related matters:
Applications received: 2020/0416 – Northside Cottage, Middle Road, Denton. Proposal: Erection of timber shed. All councillors approve.
Applications received: 2020/0272 – Rainbows End, Norwich Road, Denton. Proposal: Variation of condition 3 of 2018/0958 – to allow 16 adult dogs on site at any one time. All councillors objected to this and a letter of objection was sent to South Norfolk.
Decisions received: 2019/1792 – Street Farm, Norwich Road, Denton. Erection of single storey rear extension. Approval with Conditions.

12. Playing field inspection report and to discuss how to treat the slippery surfacest:
Cllr Fearnley did inspection. All was in good order.
The Goal post at the far end of the playing field needs attention. Cllr Hanner will look in to this.
Cllr Fearnley has purchased dog poo bags.
Barry Smith from Fenland Leisure has been out to visit our playground to look at the slippery play items. He suggests we organise a work party to clean up the structures in the first instance.
And suggests using a multi surface algae and moss remover. The other consideration is for all the ramps and inclined beams that are more prone to being slippery could use a non slip tape. This would be beneficial after the initial clean up process.
A work party was organised for the 4th April at 10am.

13. To review the SAM2 data capture information for January and February:
Kay Wiltshire has emailed the data for the above. This information is shown on Denton Talk, the village website and is sent to the local police.
Cllr Bunn contacted the local police to ask for feed back and they have been out, although we have not actually had any reply.

14. Finance : To approve payments to be made and record money received

15. To agree a date, time and format for the Annual Parish Meeting:
It was agreed to hold this on the same night as the parish council meeting, on Thursday, the 21st May 2020. Annual parish meeting to start at 7.00pm.
Chris Brown offered to give a talk on what the councils do.
Terry Hanner will ask the various clubs to attend and give a short report as last year.

16.To confirm a date for the next parish council meeting and to agree any items for this meeting.
Date: 21st May, 2020.
Clerks Contract of employment.
Allotments

Mr Hanner thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 8.50 pm.

Return to Parish Council Page.

Return to Parish Council Agenda Page.

Return to Parish Minutes Archive.