Denton Parish Council
DRAFT Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Thursday 15th September 2020 at 7.30 pm by way of video conferencing.
NB These are Draft minutes and subject to change at the next meeting.
Councillors: Terry Hanner (Chairman), Ken Ashton, Robert Fearnley, Christine Kerr, Melissa Bunn, Stephen Barrett.
Also present: Jackie Ellis (Clerk), District Councillor - Chris Brown.
1. Welcome by the Chairman:
Terry Hanner welcomed everyone to the meeting.
2. To receive and accept apologies from members unable to attend:
3. To receive any declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed:
4. To approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting.
The minutes of the 16th July 2020 meeting were approved and will be signed by Terry Hanner; Chairman, as a correct record.
5. Public Participation.
The meeting was not adjourned for public participation as there were no members of the public attending.
6. Reports from County and District Councillors
Chris Brown, District Councillor gave the following report:
- Coronavirus recovery – The council’s attention is now on helping businesses and the local community to recover from the lockdown.
- A new “Norfolk Fighting Fund” has been set up by the County Council, District Councils and the LEP with nearly £7m to support recovery for businesses and local authorities.
- Planning White Paper – The Government has issued a White Paper on the complete reorganisation of the planning system.
- The two councils are working together on a new website.
- The council has reviewed its housing policies and is updating them. There has been an increasing demand for housing and so policies have been put in place.
7. Matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting.
8. Update on Playing field issues and follow up from site meeting on 25th July, 2020.
- The Bottle bank has been emptied.
- The joints on the top of the swing have been tightened.
- It was agreed to get some wood to repair slats on the slope up to the zip wire and for the wobble board.
- It was decided to tackle the slippery surfaces in the winter.
- The hedges have been arranged to be cut.
- Terry Hanner will organise a new playing field rota.
9. To discuss and comment on Planning Applications received and related matters.
- 2020/1475 – Street Farm, Norwich Road, Denton. Replacement of existing timber painted single glazed casement windows with new timber painted double glazed casement windows. Listed Building Consent.
Parish councillors approved and had no comments.
- 2020/1302 – Rainbows End, Norwich Road, Denton. Variation of conditions 3 and 6 of 2018/0958 to change number of adult dogs from 10 to 12.
Parish councillors refused this application.
10. Manor Farm Road and Darrow Green Road Broadband.
A parishioner has enquired about this and was going to join tonight but was unable to as his broadband speed has deteriorated. He was happy for Christine Kerr to speak on his behalf.
20 properties are affected by poor broadband in this area of Denton. Karen O Kane has previously promised a solution to be implemented March 2020 but this has been withdrawn.
The Community Fibre Partnership Scheme is being looked into, this is a scheme whereby the government provides grants to businesses and residential properties to fund fibre underground cabling, but this could still mean that properties have to contribute as well.
It was agreed that we would write to Karen O Kane again. Christine Kerr said she would draft letter.
11. To approve payments to be made:
- Clerk Salary for 2 months £176.00, plus allowance £52.00
- Levi Farrow 2 cuts of playing field grass £160.00
- Denton Village Hall, 6 months of hall hire £50.00
12. Any Other Matters.
13. The meeting will be adjourned for public participation.
There were no members of the public attending.
14. Date and time of next meeting:
Tuesday, 10th November 2020 at 7.30pm (expected to be by video conferencing)
The meeting closed at 8.30pm.