Coronavirus Emergency Support
With more and more people experiencing self-isolation, either voluntary or imposed,
we have set up a support system in Denton to provide a point of contact for help with shopping, picking up prescriptions etc. for those who need it.
A flyer containing details of this support was delivered to every house in Denton at the commencement of the scheme.
Another circular with more up-to-date information is currently planned.
A number of people have offered to help and a list of those currently available appears below.
This list is changed on a daily basis to share out the workload across our many volunteers.
- Julie Manthorpe 01986 788987, 07788 907534
- Denise & Peter Grant 01508 482598
- Andrea & Mike Fitzgerald 01986 788766
- Kate James 01986 788928, 07717 182129
For people who do not have internet access two permanent numbers are available:
- The Hanners – 01986 788414 and
- The Cardens – 01986 788279.
How about a Chat?
Some of our volunteers have indicated they would be very happy to receive calls from people who just want a chat.
They are listed below:
- Jane Christian 01986 788666.
- Chris & Jason Kerr 01986 788372
- Katrina Cattermole 01986 788197, 07934 898695
- Kat Cooper 01986 788930, 07531 244103
- Beth Barrett 01986 788685
- Steve & Annie Whiteman 01986 788251
- David & Margaret Parsons 01986 788671, 07887 918433
- Bridget Hill 01986 788619
- Ken Ashton 01986 788705
- Nicki van Gelder 01986 788636
Lists have been circulated recently with details of local shops etc. that are still open including delivery options.
Links to these lists are provided here for:
Council SupportThe County Council have circulated information about the crisis covering:
Guidance Notes on sources of support particularly for the vulnerable.
And Advice and Useful Links (Updated 29 April).
They have also set up a Special Web Page with lots of Useful Information