Denton a village in South Norfolk, England

Denton Parish Council

Minutes of the Meeting of the Council held on Tuesday 11th July 2017 at 7.30 pm in Denton Village Hall.

Present: Councillors: Kay Wiltshire (Chair), Terry Hanner (Vice Chair), Peter Hill, Peter Grant, Zoe Brown, Roger Gibson.
Also present: Dr. M. Gray, (District Councillor), Jackie Ellis (Clerk), 2 members of the public.

1. Welcome by the Chair.

2. To receive and accept apologies from members unable to attend:
Kerry Norfolk and Mrs. M. Stone (County Councillor) have sent their apologies.

3. To receive any declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed:
None.

4. To approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting:
The minutes of the June 2017 meeting were approved and signed by Kay Wiltshire, Chair, as a correct record.

5. The meeting was not adjourned as no member of the public wished to make any comments.

6. Reports from County and District Councillors:
Dr. M. Gray reported:

7. To discuss matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting:
The picnic bench has been ordered from Benchmark and should arrive next week. When it arrives Kay Wiltshire will contact Terry Hanner to discuss putting it together and installation.

8. Correspondence:
Norfolk Campaign to Protect Rural England – Campaign against proposed additional large housing allocations being added in to new local plan (the Greater Norwich Local Plan) because they are unnecessary and would have a severe negative impact on the countryside. It was agreed, after discussion, that we would not sign the Pledge supporting CPRE Norfolk in its campaign.

9. Playing Field Report:
Peter Grant did inspection. All was in good order.
The folder was handed to Kay Wiltshire to carry out inspections in July and August.
ROSPA have carried out the play area safety inspection. Kay Wiltshire has been through this and listed the findings which were discussed. Terry Hanner and Kay Wiltshire agreed to meet on the playing field to decide on the best course of works for each item listed.

10. Speed Concerns in the 30 mph zone:
Discussion on Signs to warn motorists of Horse Riders. ‘Care Horseriders Sign’.
Mrs. Wiltshire will contact Margaret Stone to ask about funding for this from the Local Member Highways Budget.

11. Rogerson’s Wood – Enquiry from Woodland Trust regarding use of wood for Forest School activities:
Mike Ryder is the regional Site manager for the woodland trust in Norfolk and Suffolk and would like to set up a small forest school within Rogerson’s wood. The forest school is for children of ages between 1 and 10 years and the current numbers are only 8 children with accompanying adults. The proposal is for the forest school to meet every Wednesday for a few hours each week. The Woodland Trust have given initial permission for this to go ahead on a trial basis. Kay Wiltshire has had a meeting with Mike Ryder and the Forest School Teacher at the wood to look at the area and discuss. All parish councillors were happy for this to go ahead.

12. BT Phone Box – this is available for ‘adoption’:
We can adopt our phone box for £1.00. Discussions on what would need to be done to clean this and adapt this and whether this could be used as a library. It was decided, after discussion, that it would not be feasible to adopt this and we will ask for it to be taken away.
It was suggested that perhaps a library and toy swop could be held in the Chapel Post Office. This idea will be followed up.

13. Transparency Funding Application:
It was agreed to apply for this in respect of a new Parish Council lap top. Kay Wiltshire will also speak to Richard Carden about also applying to upgrade the website if required.

14. Training: Defibrillator Awareness and CPR:
This was discussed and it was decided to put this on Denton Talk to see how many people are interested.

15. To discuss and comment on planning applications:


Mr Paul Wilby, The Old Dairy, Darrow Green Road, Denton. Approval with Conditions.

16. To approve payments to be made:

Payments made: Payments received:

17.To receive items for the next agenda, including any other business:
None.
There is no Parish Council meeting in August; the next meeting will be held on Tuesday, 12th September 2017 at 7.30 pm in Denton Village Hall.

18.The meeting was not adjourned for public participation as no member of the public was in attendance:
(The 2 members of the public left the meeting earlier).

19. Close of Meeting:
Kay Wiltshire thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 9.12 pm.

Return to Parish Council Page.

Return to Parish Council Agenda Page.

Return to Parish Minutes Archive.