Denton Parish Council
Minutes of the Meeting of the Council held on Tuesday 12th September 2017 at 7.30 pm in Denton Village Hall.
Present: Councillors: Kay Wiltshire (Chair), Terry Hanner (Vice Chair), Peter Grant, Zoe Brown, Roger Gibson, Kerry Norfolk.
Also present: Dr. M. Gray, (District Councillor), Mrs. M. Stone (County Councillor), Jackie Ellis (Clerk).
1. Welcome by the Chair.
2. To receive and accept apologies from members unable to attend:
3. To receive any declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed:
4. To approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting:
The minutes of the July 2017 meeting were approved and signed by Kay Wiltshire, Chair, as a correct record.
5. The meeting was not adjourned as no member of the public wished to make any comments.
6. Reports from County and District Councillors:
Dr. M. Gray, District Councillor, reported:
- Grove Farm Buildings – These are now the ownership of SNDC and will be going to auction on 5th October, 2017. Murray was thanked for all his help and support on this issue.
- Car Parking in Harleston – There was a Harleston parish poll held last week. This is still on going.
- Hedenham have installed a SAM2 and the data analysis from this proved that this is effective.
- Three major road projects were agreed as priorities for the council – a third river crossing in Great Yarmouth, a bypass for Long Stratton with the proposed roundabout for the Hempnall crossing and finally the Norwich Wester Link.
- Childrens Services: Mental health link. Children are to receive support earlier, thanks to a new link service.
- New Eco Awards is open for entries from 4th September 2017 and will close on 1st December 2017.
- Loneliness: campaign to try and reduce this. The new ‘In Good Company Quality Mark’ has been launched to recognise and reward the work parish councils, shop, communities, etc do to combat loneliness in Norfolk.
7. To discuss matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting:
The picnic bench has been installed.
The clerk has applied to the Transparency Fund for a new lap top and printer. To date we have not received a reply.
8. 30mph zone – Outcome of meeting with Highway Engineer:
Kay Wiltshire has met with Gary Overland, Highway Engineer and Margaret Stone for a site visit to discuss the 30mph through the village. The only option we will get approval for is a SAM 2 mobile vehicle activated sign. Kay has also met with Roy Payne of Westcotec, suppliers of the SAM 2 equipment. He has identified 4 sites as a possibility and provided a quote of £3,556.00. After discussion it was decided that we would apply for parish partnership funding. All councillors were in agreement.
9. Parish Councillor Vacancy:
We have received a formal letter of resignation from Peter Hill. We wish to thank Peter for his commitment and hard work to the council both as a councillor and chairman for many years. We can now go ahead and co-opt a new councillor. Councillors will ask around the village to see if anybody is interested. Anyone interested in learning more about the work of the Parish Council would be very welcome to attend a meeting to see what we do.
10. To decide on Cardiac Arrest and Defibrillator Awareness Seminar:
32 people have registered an interest. It was agreed to go ahead and organise the training. A provisional date has been booked for early October. Kay Wiltshire will confirm this and advertise the date in due course.
11. Parish Boundary Review:
The Committee meeting was held on 15th August, 2017. There were 600 suggestions for boundary suggestions. They have accepted our submission to extend our Denton parish boundary to include 8 properties currently in Earsham parish. It is now open for public consultation and Dr. Gray said we need to encourage people to write in and support this; https://www.south-norfolk.gov.uk/CGReview
12. Playing Field Report to include items requiring urgent attention from the ROSPA report:
Kay Wiltshire did inspection in July and August.
The parish council wished to thank Wayne Mayhew and Garry Nial for cutting the hedges around the recycling area, the car park and between the car park and playing field. This area now looks very good. They kindly did this for the village and asked for no payment. This was very much appreciated.
Following on from the ROSPA report, there are a few things which need immediate attention on the playing field. Kay Wiltshire has contacted Action Play & Leisure and they have kindly come out for a site visit and made suggestions and quotes for replacement and repair of the said items. After discussion it was agreed that Kay Wiltshire would go back to Action Play & Leisure for further clarification on prices.
13. Standing Orders and Protocol for the reporting of meetings - review of updated documents and proposed adoption:
Kay Wiltshire has updated our standing orders and protocol for the reporting of meetings and every councillor has received a copy of these. All councillors proposed the adoption.
14. To discuss and comment on planning applications:
Rainbows End, Norwich Road; notification has been received that there has been an appeal against the enforcement notice. The Parish Council will submit comments on the appeal.
Alburgh are hosting the Joint parish meeting this year. This will be held on 7th November 2017 at 7.30pm in Alburgh Village Hall.
Adopter payment for Mini Recycling Centre 2017/18. The clerk will complete the funding and agreement form.
16. To approve payments to be made:
- J. Ellis, Clerk Salary £151.40 for 2 months, Expenses £40.50 for 2 months
- Mazars – External Audit £30.00
- NALC for chairman leadership £120.00
- Kay Wiltshire for purchase of padlock and chain to secure picnic bench £21.06
- Norse – Grounds maintenance 6 monthly charge £595.12
- Denton Village Hall £100.00 for hire of hall for year end 30.9.2017
- HMRC VAT Repayment £411.78
17.To receive items for the next agenda, including any other business:
Willow Structure on the playing field.
To look into the ‘In Good Company’ campaign combatting loneliness.
The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, 10th October 2017 at 7.30 pm.
18.The meeting was not adjourned for public participation as no member of the public was in attendance:
19. Close of Meeting:
Kay Wiltshire thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 9.10 pm.